Producer/engineer/mixer/collaborator Mario J. McNulty began his career in NYC in 2001 working for Philip Glass at his studio, Looking Glass. Within a year, Mario became a freelance engineer/mixer working for David Bowie and Tony Visconti.
In 2008, Mario won his first Grammy Award recording Angelique Kidjo’s star-studded release, Djin Djin. Little did he know when he left Phoenix to come to NewYork thatit would take a little less than 7 years to reach such lofty heights. Mario has also worked with Prince, Laurie Anderson, Lou Reed, Earl Slick, Nine Inch Nails, The Raveonettes, Imelda May, Manic Street Preachers, Kashmir, Anti-Flag, Julian Lennon, Alejandro Escovedo, Lucy Woodward, Alexa Ray Joel, Antony, and many other artists.
Recently, for two years-plus, Mario recorded the new David Bowie release entitled The Next Day. The Next Day debuted #1 in 40 countries across the world! Additionally, has done live sound and recorded tours for Nine Inch Nails, Prince, David Byrne, and MuchMusic’s Video Awards.
Currently, Mario is working with Alex Rome, JoAnn Eubanks, Glen Matlock (Sex Pistols), Laurie Anderson and Rebecca Jordan.
* Engineered David Bowie’s TheNext Day and Reality.
* Remixed David Bowie’s single, “Time Will Crawl”
* Produced Semi-Precious Weapons debut, We Love You.
* Engineered and Mixed Laurie Anderson’s Homeland release.
* Co-Produced/Engineered/mixed Earl Slick’s upcoming 2014 release.
* Mixed The Raveonettes’ Beauty Dies EP.
* Mixed Anti-Flag’sThe People Or The Gun.
* Engineered Anti-Flag’s The Bright Lights Of America, Neil and Tim Finn’s Everyone Is Here, Manic Street Preachers’ Lifeblood, Dean Wareham and Britta Phillips’ L’Avventura and Kashmir’s No Balance Palace feat. Lou Reed and David Bowie.